Our Earth Day cleanup was a hit!
This year on April 23 we decided to Celebrate Earth Day / Spring Cleanup event (información en Español aquí) as well as regular cleanups on the third Saturday every month. You’re invited to participate. It’s free and fun!
Here’s a picture from the end of the day at our April 23 Earth Day celebration. Our Martin Luther King Day of Service (January 15) and National Cleanup Day (September, 2021) events were also big hits in El Sobrante. This special Earth Day mobilization was undertaken in conjunction with the SPAWNERS and others. Click here to get more involved with the April 23 Celebrate Earth Day cleanup, hosted by El Sobrante Public Library.
Report a pile: 1-800-NO DUMPING
We have a beautiful little town. Sign up here to make it even better!
Keep El Sobrante 94803
Clean and Beautiful
Dear El Sobrante and Richmond Neighbors,
We love the El Sobrante area, which includes parts of unincorporated Contra Costa County and parts of the City of Richmond. However, the growing litter and illegal dumping problems here defiles the natural beauty of our commujnity and impacts our quality of life. It’s not only ugly – it’s bad for the environment and wildlife, attracts vermin and spreads disease.
We’ve had enough! We deserve better.
It’s up to all of us, our village, to do our part to Keep El Sobrante Clean and Beautiful. So please join us on National Cleanup Day and at our regular clean up events to launch an ongoing effort to clean and beautify our town.
– The El Sobrante Green Team
Email us for more information
- Report an Illegal Dump • 1-800 NO DUMPING
- Download the Mobile Citizen App, report dumps from your phone
- Get Rid of Stuff • Schedule a FREE large residential pickup from Republic Services: 510-262-7100
- Adopt a Road • Email Contact
- Get Paid to Clean Up
- Triangle Beautification
- 94803 Emergency Preparedness Alliance • Email contact
- See scenes from Sept. 18 Cleanup
- Learn about El Sobrante 94803
- Take things to El Cerrito Recycling Center
- Dispose of hazardous waste
- El Sobrante Municipal Advisory Council
- El Sobrante General Plan for future development
More things to do
Businesses * Property Owners * Residents * Apartment Complexes * Schools * Places of Worship * Neighborhood Associations * Organizations * Anyone and Everyone can step up individually or form a team to do the following:
- Pick up litter (masks, gloves, fast food containers, plastic, wrappers, cigarette butts, large items, etc.)
- Clean up your property down to the streets and gutters, in your parking lots, on your block, or a trouble spot in your area.
- Adopt a spot you can clean up on a regular basis
Every day is a new chance for us to make a difference! You can help us keep El Sobrante beautiful. Here are some more ideas:
- Pull up weeds, plant some native, drought-resistant flowers to beautify
- Refresh the paint on your property that’s been an eyesore for a while
- Clean up grafitti
- Paint a mural (Warning: May need permits)
- Collect trash along the creek
Third Saturday roadside cleanup
On the third Saturday each month, we pick target locations and fan out in teams. Meet at El Sobrante library parking lot at 10 AM, return equipment at noon. Or, pick your own spot and schedule.10 AM – Noon. El Sobrante Public Library, 4191 Appian Way. See sidebar calendar for upcoming dates.
Take pride in knowing that our community cares about keeping El Sobrante beautiful. Together we will make a difference!
Caltrans Reporting Form
Use the Caltrans Customer Service online reporting form to notify Caltrans of blight or dumping on State Freeways and state roads. It features a map to report the location of your concern. To set the marker on the site of your concern within the California State Highway System, click anywhere on the map or drag it. Otherwise, simply call 916-654-2852.
– The El Sobrante Green Team